In accordance with the Protocol of Cooperation between Lebanese Association of Certified Public Accountants (LACPA) and the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA),
LACPA is introducing a 40 hours on line training course on Auditing with a professional designation that might be attained from ACCA.
The Course offers an introduction to the clarified International Standards on Auditing (ISAs). The course also is designed to develop knowledge, understanding, and practical application of core external audit processes. It will introduce the principles of international auditing standards and will enable participants to CERTIA enhance their competence as auditors and their ability to apply knowledge of international audit standards in practice.
- to help you understand how ISAs are used.
- to examine the fundamental requirements of ISAs on a standard-by-standard basis.
- to provide guidance on how to use ISAs in practice with the aid of questions, case studies and exercises.
Syllabus comprises of the following topics:
1. Auditing Standards
- The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB).
- The framework of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs).
- ISAs - what they represent and how they are set.
2. ISA 200, Overall Objectives
- Overall objectives of an audit of financial statements.
- General principles governing auditors and their work.
- The nature and scope of an audit.
3. ISA 230, Audit Documentation
- Preparing and retaining documentation.
- Assembly of the final audit file.
4. ISA 240, The Auditor’s Responsibilities Relating to fraud in an audit of financial statements
- ISA 300, Planning an audit of financial statements.
- ISA 315, Understanding the entity and its environment.
- ISAs 320 and 450, Audit materiality and evaluation of misstatements.
6. Internal Control and Risk Assessment
- ISA 265, Communicating deficiencies in internal control to those charged with governance and management.
- ISA 315, Assessing the risks of material misstatements.
- ISA 402, Audit considerations relating to an entity using a service organization.
7. ISA 500, Audit Evidence
8. ISA 501 and 505, Specific Items
9. Analytical Procedures, Audit Sampling and Written Representations
- ISA 520, Analytical procedures.
- ISA 530, Audit Sampling.
- ISA 580, Written representations.
10. Internal Auditing
- ISA 700,705,706, Auditor's report on financial statements.
- ISA 570 Going concern.
- Mock assessment.