IFAC is dedicating our second annual virtual summit to sustainability and helping professional accountants do different things with the skills and competencies they already have in their toolbox.
Our three-day summit in October will focus on the demand for organizations to act and the needs and perspectives of investors, regulators and public interest entities. It features speakers with global expertise in sustainability, environmental, social, and governance (ESG), integrated and sustainability reporting, sustainability-related investor needs, and more. It will help professional accountants, and the professional accountancy organizations that support them, understand—and take action to meet—growing demands for sustainability services from the public and private sector.
Taking advantage of the virtual world, this year’s summit will take a place in a new platform built for virtual conferences by the American Accounting Association. The platform features an exhibit hall available 24 hours a day, conference chat function, speaker backgrounds and Zoom integration. Keynotes and sessions will also include live interpretation in French, Russian, and Spanish. Video recordings for sessions will also be available on the IFAC website following the event.
- Tuesday, October 12: The demand for organizations to act
- Wednesday, October 13: Investors’ Perspective on Accountants’ Role
- Thursday, October 14: Public Interest Entities’ Perspective on Accountants’ Role
- 8:00 am EST-11:00 am EST
- Panel: the needs of public interest entities, featuring speakers representing regulators, audit oversight, reporting, and the development community
- Panel: Ensuring A Long-Term Sustainable Profession Through the Lens of Early Career Accountants